07 Nights / 08 Days – CHF 1377
Lucerne | Wilhelm Tell Express |
Lugano | Bernina Express | St. Moritz |
Glacier Express | Zermatt
10th May – 26th October 2014
Arrival in Lucerne by train 1st class from the Swiss border or airport.
Board the historic Wilhelm Tell paddle steamer for the cruise to Flüelen (usually operated by paddle steamer, sometimes by motor boat). Multilingual commentary on board the boat and you receive a meal voucher worth US$ 19 redeemable on board the boat. From Flüelen you continue your journey through the famous Gotthard tunnel to Bellinzona in panorama coach or 1st class couch. Change train and continue your journey to Lugano. Overnight in Lugano.
Time at leisure in Lugano. Enjoy the mediterranean atmosphere in the southern part of Switzerland. Stroll along the lakeside promenade or go up to Monte Bre or San Salvatore. Overnight in Lugano.
Departure by the famous Bernina Express (coach) to Tirano (Italy). From there by train over the Mount Bernina to St. Moritz. This exciting trip takes you through three cultures from palm trees across the regions of eternal snow to the valley of the young Rhine. Overnight in St. Moritz.
Day off for excursions. Overnight in St. Moritz.
Today you board the Glacier Express which is one of the greatest train journeys in the world. You travel from St.Moritz to Zermatt. A 7½ hour railway journey across 291 bridges, through 91 tunnels and across the Oberalp Pass at 2’033 metres in altitude. Travel in comfort through the unspoilt natural beauty of a landscape rich in ancient, fragrant mountain forests, peaceful Alpine meadows, rushing mountain streams and mountain valleys, soaked in tradition and centuriesold culture. Overnight in Zermatt.
Full day at leisure in Zermatt. Overnight in Zermatt.
Return to Swiss border or airport or continue your stay in Switzerland at your own request.
|Price Per Person in US$|
Our Price Includes:
- Swiss Card Highlights of Switzerland (6 transfers) incl. excursion Pilatus in 1st class from/to Swiss border or airport.
- Seat reservation for Wilhelm Tell Express including meal voucher on board the boat and a souvenir.
- 2 nights each in Interlaken, Lucerne + Lugano, room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast.
- 1 night in Zürich, room, bath or shower/ WC, breakfast.
- Any additional tickets for optional excursions to travel by rail, boat, postalcoaches and cable cars can be purchased at 25-50% of the regular fares.
Supplements Per Person:
US$ 106.—Junfraujoch 1st class
US$ 67.—Schilthorn via Stechelberg 1st class